Monday 29 March 2021

Taking India to the World - Excerpts from the book Innovation Secrets of Indian CEOs

It all started thirteen years ago when Ms. Ranjani Manian met a young American mother with an active two year old baby, thrust into the heat and dust of Chennai. Joanne Grady Huskey, wife of a US diplomat, was happy and relieved with the help I could extend in a strange new place. I had been a foreign language instructor after a liberal education at Elphinston College, Mumbai and the University of Sorbonne, Paris. That is when I realized the need to help strangers to become friends in a new city. Global Adjustments was started with just two women helping eighty families in a giant automotive plant. Today it is a pan-Indian Company which makes the company a one stop shop for expatriate relocation needs in India. I love simplifying India’s rich and complex reality for the world. I really enjoyed writing ‘Doing Business in India for Dummies’. Now, with our portal globalindian.com, I love being part of the plan to help Indians do well on the global stage. I would like Global Adjustments to become a world leader in the field. ‘It’s been fun. Everything from teaching Americans to say “Namaste” to telling Indian professionals that frying an appalam in a US apartment may set off the fire alarm’. Our expansion into realty and magazine publishing has been very satisfying. ‘At a glance – understanding India’ is our cultural magazine for expatriates. Our teams of trainers and personal relocation experts have also been well accepted. Both my parents were General Managers of large companies. I am happy that I wandered into the world of entrepreneurship. There are no text books here, no trainers, and no manual of procedure. That’s why it’s been so great to blaze a pioneering trail that makes India proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment